Friday, July 5, 2013

Fight

I am really pissed off.
really really pissed off.
Good, at least now I found some initiatives to write my blog again.

Back to work in the same old place actually doesn't mean you get better treatment just because you are the "old hands" there.
In fact,  being "see through" by your boss means she/he can utilize your strength to work for them and take advantage of your weakness.
See, from here,the boss is in all win position.
But this statement only applies on those who are not clever enough, no no, I think I shouldn't say it as clever but daring enough to fight back.

Always remember one rule, you do whatever your boss ask,
you obey your boss's words.
But fight back, when your boss cross over the line.

Ok, take my case as an example, I am working as a half day kindergarten teacher (please bear in mind, it is half day).
SO, according to the rules of my kindergarten applied to the half day teachers,
half day = 8am to 1.30 pm
Actually, this period of time has already violated the labour's law, which clearly stated half day as five hours.
But okay, since it's just a part time, close one eye, we tolerated.

But then , this lady, ya ,she is my boss, had asked me, to stay back until 2pm, despite all the half day teachers (except for one kind lady, being bullied) , leave on 1.30pm sharp.
so, from 8am until 2 pm, simple math, it's clearly six hours.
Six hours equals to half day? Unless my boss is really poor in calculation( in fact she is too smart about it) or a person that does not know anything about law at all, she is obviously, hokien people used to say "ciak" (meaning eat), me, illtreating me, unfairly.
Dumbfounded in the first time, I actually stayed back, which when I recalled this, I feel so stupid enough for me to bang my head into the wall.
The next day, awakened, I rejected my boss request to ask me to stay back. Using the excuse that I do not have transport home after 1.30 that I have to follow one of my half day colleague home.
I see dissatisfaction in my boss's eyes, but at that moment, I just buat tak tau.

Actually, I get paid a very little amount of salary, which is only rm450, in fact most half day teachers should get 500. So, why should I be the one who stays back?

Today, before I went home, my boss called me into her office, saying that she wanted to have a word with me.
Haha, actually, I have been expecting this. Since the day I disobeyed her request, I am readied for this.
My boss started with a gentle tone, asking me that is it really I cannot stay back until two.
Shaking my head, I calmly tell her my answer.
She frowned and actually tried to tell me to stay back again, saying that she needed teachers to coach the full day students in their homework. She told me the 5 years old class teachers did not bother about their own class kids so she need other teachers to guide the children in their homework.

Deep in my heart, I was laughing when I heard this, what a lame excuse, you are the boss, your teachers are not implementing their responsibilities and instead of telling and warning the class teachers, you used it as an excuse for me to stay back to work "extra" for you.
Annoyed, I straightly shot back "Half day teachers should be until 1.30 only right?"
A bit dumbfounded, she paused for a second, maybe two, maybe she did not expect me to say something like that. She started to mumble other things, saying there are teachers staying back after 1.30 (in fact there's only one). Raged, I nearly spat out the sentence" that's her problem", but somehow I managed to shut my mouth before that.

Seeing I did not have any particular reactions, she started to use other strategies, she actually asked me is it possible to find another half day job.
I was angry, really pissed off at that moment, and I can felt my blood pressure gushing up, but not high enough to trigger on my berserk mode. Smiling, I remained silent.
She then quickly turned to another strategy, saying that there might be a girl who can come in and help for full day. I nodded, hinting if she can come in and help, then just let her in. I am not going to be threaten by you, even if there's really one who really will come.
My boss continued to lament on the fact she really need a person to coach the kids in their homework and somemore tell me the choice is on me, this time, I shot back, " If you really want me to help you,ms L, I do have one solution, which is you let the kids come down before 1.30, then I will try my best to coach them."

My boss's face seemed shocked, as if she never thought I would dare to bargain with her. Her tone rapidly turned cold, saying that even if the children were downstairs, if I weren't around then it would be useless, hinting I am actually being lazy. Anger boiled in my heart, I told her, I had went to check downstairs once and there's nobody, if she managed to get all of them down, of course I am willing to help out.
She looked at me as if she never seen me before, then slowly, she said, I have to negotiate the time with the teachers.
I smiled and said, if they are willing to cooperate, then I am willing to do it.
Then she waved me out of the office.

I am angry.
Yes, this is the fourth time I am working there, and still, she never give up taking advantage on me.
Even a Bangla do not deserves this kinda treatment ok?
I am a worker, an employee, but I am not a slave.
Yes, it's truly correct that you are the boss, but please lah, that pity amount of salary is not sufficient to buy slavery.

我自问对于工作,我问心无愧,该做的,我做到足,不该做的,我也做了。
so, what else do you want?
I am not lousy in my work, I produced result, at least, I had done my responsibilities in a serious manner.
And yet, you never get satisfied.
This is ridiculous, to ask me to work for extra hours and yet without extra pay.
and then, you tried to threaten me.

Please lah, I do not beg for this job. In fact, I did not tell you, doesn't mean I do not have another source of earning money.
I came to work, just because I wanna earn extras, and I missed my old colleagues and kids, its not really about the need of the job.
我自己平日赚得不多,但是要用来养爱妻宠妾们还是足够的,不缺你那一笔小数目。

And please, don't try to bully me. I am not the person you knew four years ago. That xinying is already dead, this person in front of you, is not the person you could easily step on anymore.
In fact, I found this interesting, to speak out, to defend and to see how she reacted.
Ya, I am quite a metamorphose, I wanna see to what extend can she did just to force me out.

Workers, please, we worked for money, yes and indeed. But we do not sell our dignity for it.
Speak up when you have to, tell your boss and employers that you are humans, just like everyone.
Of course, there's alot that you needed to bear and actually being treated unfairly in the working field, but remember, there is always a line.
Whenever the employer step over the line, remember, unzip your mouth, and fight back.


No comments:

Post a Comment

type watever you want
choose name/URL
And just type the name
Don't type URL
and post me your comment